Rupert Murdoch and fifth fiancée Ann Lesley Smith call OFF engagement

Úvod Forums Performalita ARTISTIC MONEYFEST Rupert Murdoch and fifth fiancée Ann Lesley Smith call OFF engagement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stacietw3162168

Rupert Murdoch and Ann Lesley Smith have abruptly called off their engagement – just two weeks after they announced their plans to marry.<br>The 92-year-old media baron proposed last month to the former dental hygienist, 66, with an 11-carat diamond ring thought to worth up to £2million. Describing their whirlwind romance as a ‘gift from God’, the couple said they planned to wed in the late summer.<br>But the engagement was abruptly called off last night after the pair reluctantly came to a ‘mutual decision’ to part ways.<br>A friend close to the couple said Ms Smith had struggled with the publicity.<br>’She just could not cope with being in the public eye.

She is very private,’ they said. ‘They sat down and talked yesterday [on Monday] and agreed it was better for them to part.<br> Media baron Rupert Murdoch, 91, and dental hygenist Ann Lesley Smith, 66, have called off their engagement, only two weeks after it was first announced.

He proposed with an 11-carat diamond ring thought to worth up to £2m last month (the pair are pictured in January)<br> The couple, who previously described their whirlwind romance as a ‘gift from god’, 일산 치과 planned to wed this summer.

But their engagement was abruptly called off today after the pair were said to have reluctantly come to ‘mutual decision’ after talks last nigh<br>> ‘He accepts that he will always be in the public eye and 일산 치과 there is nothing he can or would do to change that<br>p>The Mail understands that ending the engagement was a mutual decision and one of great regret for both sides.

Another friend told the Mail that the billionaire still remains fond of Ms Smith despite their decision to spli<br>p>They said: ‘He admires her, respects her and thinks she is an amazing woman. He loves the fact she is so calm and so strong…

and she shares his religious convictions<br>p>Ms Smith was introduced to the newly-single billionaire in September at a wine event at his Moraga vineyard in California. He waited a fortnight before asking to see her again. Six months later he personally picked out a Asscher-cut diamond solitaire, which he presented to Ms Smith with on March 1<br>p>The couple announced the engagement three days later with Murdoch, said to be worth $17billion (£13.7billion), telling his newspaper the New York Post at the time: ‘I was very nervous.

I dreaded falling in love – but I knew this would be my last. It better be. I’m happy<br>p>Ms Smith added: ‘For us both it’s a gift from God. We met last September. I’m a widow 14 year<br>p>’Like Rupert, my husband was a businessman. Worked for 일산 치과 local papers, developed radio and TV stations and helped promote Univisi<br>/p> The Mail understands it was a mutual decision, one of great regret for both parties.

Another friend told the Mail that the media baron still remains very fond of Ms Smith (pictured together in Mar<br>/p> Murdoch finalised his divorce from his fourth wife, Jerry Hall (seen on their wedding day in 2016), in August 2022 following six years of marriag<br>/p>’So I speak Rupert’s language.

We share the same beliefs. In perspective, it’s not my first rodeo. Getting near 70 means being in the last half. I waited for the right time. Friends are happy for m<br>/p>It emerged last month that Ms Smith, who also owns a vineyard, had been in a dispute with the family of her wealthy late husband, country music star Chester Smi<br>/p>She was accused of ‘elder financial abuse’ and withholding inheritance money from her three stepdaughters.

She denied the allegations and the matter was settled in 20<br>/p>The cancelled wedding would have been Murdoch’s fifth. His last marriage to supermodel Jerry Hall ended abruptly after six years in July last ye<br>/p>Before that he was married to media executive Wendi Deng, with whom he has daughters Grace and 일산 치과 Ch<br>He was also married to journalist Anna Torv from 1967 to 1999.

They had three children – Elisabeth, James and Lach<br>Prior to that he was married to flight attendant Patricia Booker, with whom he had a daughter, Prude<br>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Rupert Murdoch and fifth fiancée Ann Lesley Smith call OFF engagement
Your information: